Saturday, August 03, 2013

Hourglass

The smell of chaos all around me
I can’t escape it though I try
I watch my friends die each day
But still I fight and I kill so I won’t die
I saw them again yesterday
The man in black and the pale horse

I watched the man slash through the field
Souls leaving the bodies as they fall
I tried not to watch but I couldn’t help it
I know if I stare at him I could die
Distraction here means death
But the beauty of him as he dances
The dance all of us mortals must dance

He haunts my dreams as well
I dream of the moment when his blade
Shall cut through my body to my soul
I dream of the places I might go
A beautiful paradise
A place of nothingness
Or worst of all; the abyss

A place where I must pay
For each life I’ve taken here
But I fear
It would take an eternity to pay
For just one of those lives
Yet I’ve taken hundreds

For just a month of two
I was able to go home
I am called a hero, a savior, and a patriot
But those words ring hollow
I feel like a villain, a murderer, and a terrorist
My friends mourn their family
The men and women who died

But I’ve started to wonder
Do the men and women
I kill every day
Not have families to mourn them?
I pray every night
No longer to the almighty
But to the pale rider

I pray to the man in black
So that he might
Grant my one wish
Grant my soul the peace
It so desperately desires
I can’t keep fighting
I have lost sight of our cause
We kill people here
While back home they throw parades
For the kills we get

So I pray to the one being
The one deity that could spare me
A life of torture
I pray for the man in black
To grant my wish
Give me my desire;

Death

No comments:

Post a Comment