Thursday, July 25, 2013

Demon's Whisper

I watch him raise his hand
Break his bones…
But he doesn’t hit her
He screams at his kids
Calls them worthless
Tear out his intestines
And strangle him with ‘em

Next day I see his daughter
Bruise on her face
Rip out his teeth!
The girl begs me
“Don’t get involved”
The Demon’s Whisper
Fades to nothing

We go to her house
He is there
Screams and yells
10 year old son
Being called a mistake
I do nothing
Let me show him
What a mistake is

Bottle of Jack
Shatters on the floor
He raises his hand again
Let me break him…
Maybe just an arm
Or perhaps a leg
Just one
I stand firm

But the sound
Of the man’s hand
Hitting her face
Shatters my control
Sweet Freedom!

The man will never
Hit his children again
Never abuse his wife
Neither will he call them
Worthless, pitiful, mistakes
Ever again

Neither will he ever
Walk again.
Should have let me

Kill the S.O.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment